Cade's
IT HAS HAPPENED AGAIN! ANOTHER YOUNG LIFE HAS BEEN LOST
TO THE PERIL
OF CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING!
 
This Bank Holiday (5th - 7th May 2012) saw the tragic but avoidable      Downloadable Warning 
death of another teenage camper.                                                          Posters & Leaflets
                                                                       
Earlier Saturday afternoon this teenager had been enjoying watching   Carbon Monoxide A4
the FA Cup Final with her family in the pub to which their campsite      Carbon Monoxide A5
belongs. After the match they left the pub and the family barbecued
at the families tents.
 
Sunday morning, family members from other tents realised their relatives had not yet stirred and approached their tent. Horror struck as they realised the family were almost unwakeable. Two adults, the girls mother and stepfather, stirred as did her 11 year old brother, sadly the young girl could not be revived despite the efforts of a doctor on site and paramedics arriving shortly after the discovery. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her parents were very ill and her brother still recovering in hospital.
 
Why did this happen? A disposable barbecue, the kind in a foil tray costing around £3.00, was found in the tent and the carbon monoxide fumes emitted from this are believed to have been responsible for the incident.
 
All Fossil Fuels emit carbon monoxide when burned. They continue to emit carbon monoxide for may hours after they cease to be of use for cooking. Campers are tempted to take the residue of the burning embers in the foil tray, in to their tents to make use of the warmth it is still generating. Then, disaster strikes! The odourless carbon monoxide released increases the already tired occupants drowsiness and sends them off to sleep. Sadly for some, never to wake up again.
 
Cade's cannot stress enough to all campers and caravanners, DO NOT TAKE THESE, ANY OTHER BARBECUE TYPE OR INDEED ANY COOKING APPLIANCE - IN TO A TENT OR CONFINED SPACE.
 
Cade's say please do not just think these might be dangerous, but not to you because you are sensible. They ARE DANGEROUS and THEY WILL KILL YOU!
 
Please get this message out to as many people as you can and help us prevent another unnecessary death.
 
And